Wednesday, May 2, 2012

You are invited to a butterfly event!

This past Friday night, I told my husband that at midnight I was calling it. No matter what messages come in, if it is after midnight, I will respond in the morning because I was going to get some sleep!  Well, sure enough at 11:58 my etsy app on my iPhone popped up with a conversation from a new client who loved our Lilly Pultizer inspired butterfly banner and asked us to do some invitation proofs for her that would match!

So............ I'm a little OBSESSED with our Etsy store so I of course couldn't sleep all night because I was coming up with all of these ideas of how we could make them! Then Rachel and I met first thing in the morning at Michaels to discuss and plan.

Well, without further ado..... here it is!!




We did our most popular tri-fold style invitation with the matching plaid butterfly on the front and  have the first initial of the child who is having the party. We then used this beautiful shimmery white paper as the background to the butterfly. We originally wanted to use a patterned paper, but the butterfly is supposed to be the focal point and the patterns were taking away from it. We tried a lot of different combinations, but once we tried the shimmery paper,  we fell in love!


Here is a closeup of our cute little friend!

check out our butterfly invitations on etsy here
Thanks for stopping by!! :) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment