Thursday, May 3, 2012

DIY Time!

My cousin is having a baby! They just found out last week that it is a girl! So when she came to visit this weekend we created a "Welcome Home Mia" Sign that she framed for Mia's room! 




I showed her the "Create a Critter" Cartridge for the Cricut and she fell in love with all the cute little animals, but especially the Fox and Faun! 
~ First, we used a Plain Red 12x12 Piece of Cardstock and put this pretty Lace paper on top of it (which you can also find at Michaels in their Single pieces of paper aisle). 
~Then we cut out her name in 6 Inch Letters and shadowed them with Navy.
~Then, we made the Fox and Faun in 3 Inch. We shadowed them in Navy as well and used light brown and pink for the Faun and Red and pink for the Fox!  
~We left a space between the animals for her to add Mia's birthdate when she arrives (sometime in September!!) How Cute!!
~We got little pink and red flowers from the Martha Stewart Collection at Michaels and put them in the middle.
~Last, we put it in a frame and...TADA!


I made a sign for my son's room as well. 
His name is Wesley so I used his Nickname, Wes, and made this:



It is very similar and Mia's, just a different layout.
I chose animals to correspond with the letters in his name. 
Whale for W, Elephant for E, Snake for S. 
I also used less paper by using a 12x12 piece of Mint colored paper and gluing the 1/2 inch border of blue polka dot around the outside. 
The other difference is that the animals in my sign are raised (using "pops") and I added his birthday in the bottom right hand corner. 
All I need to do is get a frame and hang it up!

 
Feel free to message us if you have any questions about how to make a Name Sign! We would love to help! Or visit out Etsy Shop and we can make it for you!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment