Saturday, May 19, 2012

DIY with your toddler!

For Mother's day this year I wanted to do something special for my mother and Nana. I was also thinking it is getting to be time that I wanted to introduce Natalie to the wonderful world of crafting! :)

I knew it was going to be messy so down to a diaper she went! I sat her in her new pink desk and gave her a couple of toddler markers and let her go to town!



And with a little encouragement and direction for mommy, she was on her way to being a little artist! :)



Very proud of her work! I'm not sure if she got more on the paper or on herself!!



Once the art was done, I used that as my design paper for the wings of a butterfly! I cut using the "Create a critter" cartridge and cut at 3 inches.



Adding on the rest of the layers.... we have a finished butterfly!


 I made a few of these so I made one bigger one for a future scrapbook page for Natalie! :) I'm really excited about getting to that page! But it will be awhile considering I'm only at 4 months now...... hahah!

Anyway, back to the task at hand! So I added some cute designed paper and some rinestones and also popped the butterfly (of course!) with 3D foam blocks.




Then on the inside I welded a "Happy Mother's Day"


This was SUCH a fun project and we will definiately be doing more in the future! I am just so glad we were able to preserve Natalie's first drawing for the three most important ladies in Natalie's life! :)
We would love to hear your ideas of what creative things you have done with your child's artwork! :) Thanks for stopping by!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment