Sunday, April 7, 2013

sunday link of support- squooshi

I don't know about you, but when Natalie was a baby, I was determined to make her baby food from scratch. I love cooking and I loved the idea of creating new combinations and being in control of what was going into my baby's body.

I'm not saying this to make a statement or pat myself on the back.... I have had health issues come up and a lot of them have improved drastically once I changed my way of eating. So knowing that, I want to make sure I avoid certain foods for Natalie too.

ANYWAY, as she was getting older and no longer eating the pureed food, she wanted the pureed food in the pouches. I LOVED these! It was a great way for her to get her veggies in (and anyone with a toddler knows how hard THAT is) and it was so convenient to just throw in my bag and go!

Well, these get EXPENSIVE at $1.75-2 a piece! And with baby #2 on his/her way, I know I'll be having TWO wanting these pouches! (sometimes 4-5/day for Natalie alone!) So I needed to find something more economical and even better..... more nutritionally dense and made at home! The problem was, I searched high and low and COULD NOT find any kind of reusable pouch!

Now I found them!!!


LOVE THESE! They come in cute designs and are super easy to fill and clean!


Here is a freshly filled Panda pouch! :) SO CUTE!


And here are two of Natalie's current favorite food combinations!


High Fiber oatmeal:
2 cups water
1 cup oatmeal
1 apple shredded
1 tbsp ground golden flaxseed
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/2 cup to 1 cup apple sauce

cook all of the ingredients (except the apple sauce) together in a pot for five minutes, once the water has come to a boil.

Then you can take that and add applesauce in food processor until it gets to a consistency that is desired.



"Dino yogurt"

1 Apple (chopped and steamed)
1 Banana
1/2 cup greek yogurt (full fat)
hand full or two of spinach

add all together in a food processor or blender until desired consistency is reached. 
**NOTE: I made this one in the food processor first, but the consistency was still a little too grainy. I moved it to my vitamix and added a little more water and it came out perfect!



Enjoying her walrus pouch! :)

Thanks to Squooshi for making this possible again! :)
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment