Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Love birds- a lovely bridal shower for my sister!

The countdown to my sister's wedding in Turks & Caicos is quickly running low!! :) Can't wait to be on a warm and beautiful beach with my whole family and lots of friends to celebrate my little sister saying "I do!" 

While I was home in Ohio for the holidays, my mother and I threw her a beautiful (if I may say so myself!) shower! :) I am so excited to share it with you, our readers!!

Here is a view of the main table! Including my new obsession, the matching hanging discs!

It was an afternoon party 2-5 so it was more of a cupcakes, tea and fancy cheeses type affair. We also included some sushi because it just wouldn't be a party at my mother's home if there wasn't any sushi! 



Here is the welcome sign! Featuring the love birds on her invitation and that will show up throughout the party decor!


The centerpiece, which no matter how many times I tried, I couldn't get a great photo of. (boo!!) but it features a heart with "M&K" for Marissa & Kanu and then a photo of their senior year prom photo and their official engagement photo TEN years later! They really don't look that different at all! 



I HAD to take a picture of my mother's beautiful cheese plate creation! Lots of fancy cheeses from a local high end cheese shop and then she cut them into cubes, added some lettuce and grapes for a professional looking plate! I will be attempting to recreate at Rachel's baby sprinkle coming up this weekend :)


And now..... my obsession! The cupcake toppers!!


My mom has recently gotten into pintrest (after lots of strong hints!) and she found this idea of putting an engagement ring into the cupcakes! 

SUCH a cute idea! She got 12 at the local party store for $4. Can't beat that!  So we mixed those in with a tasteful sprinkling of the love birds and VOILA! 


Shameful plug of my sweet little Natalie in her Lilly Pulitzer dress that I'm OBSESSED with. :)


Back to the bride and groom to be!!! 

Here is my BEAUTIFUL little sister and the best husband I could have ever dreamed of for her. :) This is her opening the gift I got off of a fellow etsy store...... a personalized apron :) 


 Here is a shot of the banner! "Marissa's shower" with the love birds and in the heart is their wedding date!


And a shot of the lovely ladies who shared in this very special celebration!

Pin It Now!

1 comment: