Sunday, August 5, 2012

Sunday--- time for a little toddler fun!

So Rachel and I have been talking about ways to make this blog even more fun for our readers and allow our readers to get to know us a little better. Especially since we feel like we genuinely have become friends with a lot of our clients! :)

So we are going to mix in some stories about our lives and the joy of having two toddlers in with our regularly scheduled 'Sunday link of support'-- an opportunity to share our favorite websites, and shout outs to our friends and fellow bloggers/entrepreneurs!

Anyway, so today I would like to discuss......... potty training. Any advice that our readers have would be GREATLY appreciated!

Natalie is 19 months old now and is showing signs of being ready to take the plunge into no diaper land. *GULP.... big lump in my throat...*

Here are some photos from our latest family trip to the zoo! :)


Big girl pony tail and everything!!! Really looking like a big girl these days....



Anyway, back to potty training!

Here is what I set up for when she first came down in the morning. Her favorite little laugh and learn puppy on the the potty and a cup of water so I could pretend that the puppy used the toilet.



And her first pair of underwear! My little pony! :)


Basically we were holed up in the basement all day Friday and Saturday. I had lots of new toys and salty snacks so she would get thirsty and drink a lot of water. When she would have an accident, I would say "pee pee in the potty" in a cheerful voice and place her on the baby toilet. She seemed startled the first time she peed and there was no diaper to catch it, but after that she got used to it. She would say 'Uh-oh! Pee-pees!' when she had an accident, but didn't seem to understand that she was supposed to go on the potty.

We did have two successes, but I think that was mostly due to me distracting her on the potty long enough that she just had to go. :-p

I set my iPhone timer to every 7 minutes and would ask if she had to go or not and would place her on the potty.

I know these things take time and she is still on the younger side according to western views, but I would LOVE to hear any suggestions/success stories you have had with your children/grandchildren/etc.

At this point, I'm not putting too much pressure on her or even myself, just having fun learning, but would LOVE to actually make this stick.

Thanks so much in advance for your expertise!! :)


XOXO!
-Reina & Natalie
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment