Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Family DIY

I have been seeing a lot of these lately and thought that it looked pretty interesting....so I thought I would make one! I collected all the names of my family on my dads side and got to work!


First, I got a 12x12 piece of black cardstock (but you can use any color you want!)


Then, I cut out all the names of my family members on white cardstock with the Cricut. I used the Plantain School Book Cartridge and cut the names at one inch.


Next, I cut out the word FAMILY with the same cartridge only I cut it at 3 inches and used gray paper!


Last, I used my glue pen to glue all the names down and the word Family in the middle. (This takes the longest amount of time, but not too bad for 40 names)

Remember: you want to check the length of the names and make sure they go all the way to the end. Some times I had to switch some names around to make them fit nicely.

Also: If your family is still growing....leave some room like I did to add new comers to the family!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment