Tuesday, April 10, 2012

DIY time!

As you have seen in a recent post, we did a dinosaur party for little Mr. Connor's 1st birthday! The party was this weekend and I took a little DIY time to make our gifts for him extra special. :)

First was a gift bag:

So cute, right?! Here is how I made it:

1. buy a plain colored bag (I bought mine at Target)
2. Cut out letters at 5 inches (I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge)
3. Cut out shadow letters at 5 inches (I used the Plantin Schoolbook Cricut cartridge)
4. Glue together
5. Cut out little character at 4 inches (I used Create a critter cricut cartridge)
6. Glue all parts together.

I then attached them to the bag using 3D pop dots for an awesome 3D effect! 


Next was a personalized birthday card:


 I used a 5X7 white note card and attached a piece of blue and white polka dot paper left over from doing the decorations for this party.  I then attached another dino (again, from the create a critter cricut cartridge) at 2 inches. The 1 was also from Plantin School book using the "roly poly" setting at 7 inches. Finally I attached another "C" which is the same as the bag above with another 5 inch C. Then of course we popped the little dinosaur with the 3D pops!



 I then stamped the inside of the card with a "happy birthday" stamp in royal blue.

SO simple and it doesn't take a whole lot of time to be able to show up at a party super excited and proud of what is in your hand! :)

So take a little DIY time for yourself! :) Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment